Friday, April 22, 2011

Where In The World is Obama's Birth Certificate? REALLY?!?

Have (uber-wealthy) Americans lost their minds? I have been catching up on news now that Comcast reduced my cable bill.  I watch tv daily on netflix for around $15 bucks a month but I will admit,  I am thrilled to have my MSNBC back.

But let me get this straight?!?   Trump is running all over the country wondering "Where in The World is Obama's Birth Certificate?"

News flash BIG EGO, we already elected the man the PRESIDENT of the United States. You are good at making money and if you could just keep your mouth shut and have some respect, you would have had my vote because I want a real businessperson to LEAD this country.  Kudos to Seinfeld for being a good human being.

However, regardless of whether you are a Republican, a Democrat, or you belong to The Rent Is Too Damn High Party, WE ALL need to stop spending so much. Like every single one of us. Let's just stop the spending and the taxes and who pays what and blah blah blah. I think government health care is a pretty lofty goal and a great one but WE CANNOT AFFORD IT right now.

And I wish Sarah Palin would just move to Russia because she can already she it from her house.  Why doesn't she just have her own talk show and get out of the Politics Show Business?  Seinfeld or Tina Fey or someone with a real brain upstairs, can't one of you just give her a show and get her out of our way?  I bet even now in 2011 that woman still doesn't even read Newsweek or The Wall Street Journal.  She just keeps on tweeting away because 140 characters or less is about her attention span for reading.

Then I hear that Obama paid over 400K in taxes because he finally is making the big bucks now. He may not have ever run a small business but I give him credit because he is a good man trying to do good for all of us. Just think how many jobs he could have created instead with that 400K. Why should we protect the "wealthy?" The people who make over 250K, not all but MANY of them, employ the other Americans who make less.  Why is this like such a mystery to most of us?

Obama just gets it and he is a pleasure to watch. This whole country called America was built by FOREIGNERS who came here to be free and to be citizens.  Americans were all created equal so for God's sake could we all start acting like it here?

So many, many people suffered and died for our right to vote. Let's just all work together.

I would run for any office right now if I thought I could actually make a difference for my fellow Americans who live on MAIN STREET. I have never even been to WALL STREET. But those are the peeps the whole country bailed out because that is how the unbelievably mega-rich Americans guarantee that whatever they want gets into law.

Taxes should not be raised on the middle class wealthy (if you make $250K but you have four kids to put through college and a mortgage and need to feed six people three times a day and gas up two cars you are NOT really wealthy).  And if this whole country doesn't realize that pretty damn fast, then my fave Stephen Colbert will be right when he quipped during the last election, "Who knew there even still was a Middle Class?" 

And don't even get me started about Deval. If you are a Bostonian like me, you might also be fed up with our hometown rock star.   I know another guy with six mouths to feed and he just sent his first of four to college this year.  He is an American who doesn't even make 100K so he has to scrimp and save and his wife works whenever he isn't at his job but they are doing it so that all of his kids will have the opportunity at a great education because he didn't get one. Deval Patrick thinks that we should pay for illegal immigrant's children to go to school so that they get a chance here too?  Well Ladee freakin dahh, but who the hell is going to pay for all of that?  

I have been fortunate enough to have travelled all over this country in the past few years and I can tell you that the only recession proof zip codes are in the Washington DC area because they are all on the government payroll.  If you don't have to actually measure up and earn your paycheck, you probably have a state job.

I know a woman my age with an MBA who has a state job and actually said to me in 2010, "I just vote Democrat because that is the way I am supposed to vote because I need to protect my job."  What the heck?!?

Who does she think pays for her cushy job and pension?  Mickey Mouse?  Someone from Mars?  Sarah Palin's Russian Neighbors?  No sweetheart, it is ALL OF US you silly, silly woman.

This recession has been a complete nightmare for MOST of us.  I have seen parents lose their life savings and their homes.  I have had a hard time making ends meet and buying groceries.  I have seen friends laid off or having to move back in with their parents.  I have seen way too many Main Street businesses just close up shop and go out of business.

However, as Saul Bellow, a famous writer who lived through the Great Depression put it in answer to why he chose to become a writer:  It was The Great Depression and there were no jobs anyway so you just got to pick what you wanted and I chose Writer.

If there was ever a time for Entrepreneurship in America, THIS IS IT PEOPLE.  Go be whatever you want to be while you work part time here or reduced hours there or whatever you can to pay your bills right now and feed your kids.  But once the whole thing ends, and all bad things eventually come to an end too, you will have the career/job/business/lifestyle/dreamscometrue that you always wanted.  Ask the Universe for what you want but be very prepared to work HARD to achieve it.  No more handouts.  I love this country because we can afford to take care of those who truly need our help.  But if you don't need the aid, just stop taking it and get a J.O.B.

2012 is going to be one hell of a wild ride.  I can't even wait to see what Seth Meyers has to say about all of this tomorrow night!   


5/3/11 UPDATE:  Here's what Seth had to say:  http://youtu.be/7YGITlxfT6s

1 comment:

  1. Some memorable quotes from my favorite New Hampshire resident Seth Meyers...

    ON MSNBC: "President Obama makes the kool-aid and everyone there drinks it."

    ON JOE BIDEN: " 'I'll book us two Amtrak tickets to London.' The Vice President loves trains. He loves the trains. And I assume it must have been hard for the Presient to tell Biden that the new budget cut 1.5 billion from high-speed rail. 'Joe come on in. Take off your engineer's cap. I have some bad news about The Choo-Choos.' As he broke the news, one of the straps on Joe's overalls sadly drooped off his shoulder."

    ON KATIE COURIC: "Katie Couric will be best remembered for asking those tough questions like 'NAME A NEWSPAPER.'"

    ON TRUMP: “Donald Trump has said he’s running for president as a Republican — which is surprising because I thought he was running as a Joke."

    "Trump often appears on Fox, which is ironic because a Fox usually appears on his head."

    "Trump said recently he has a great relationship with 'The Blacks,' but unless they are a family of white people, I bet he's mistaken."

    ON OBAMA: “I’ll tell you who could beat you (in 2012): 2008 Barack Obama. You would have loved him."

    (You look even more beautiful tonight Michelle.) "But you on the other hand Mr. President, have aged a little...I have never said this to anyone before but maybe you should go back to smoking. Is this THE CHANGE you were talking about?"

    ON PAUL RYAN: "He believes that Americans have said loud and clear, 'Stop using my tax dollars to take care of me.' "

    ON CSPAN: "Every time I tune into CSPAN it looks like they just had a fire drill...Did you know every day from 4-5 Bin Laden hosts a show on CSPAN?"

    ON CSPAN COVERING THIS DC EVENT AT THE HILTON: "Who are you wearing? What does it matter, I am going into a Hilton."

    ON ENGLAND'S ROYAL WEDDING: "How wonderful it is to live in a country where they don't wear hats like that."

    ON MAD MEN'S STAR JON HAMM: "Jon Hamm is here tonight. Jon Hamm looks the way every Republican THINKS they look."

    ReplyDelete